The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay http://divainpyjamas.blogspot.com.au/

3.5 Stars
The Sea of Tranquility is slow to begin, Nastya comes across as an aggressive, self destructive girl who has allowed herself to become a victim through a horrible random attack. She doesn't want to be noticed, but her attire alone screams that she needs help and wants attention. The only friends she seems to be able to make are with males, which seems slightly strange, considering what she had been through.

Overall, it was well written, and not one of the normal light, fluffy teen reads. My only issue was that I couldn't connect with any of the characters. They came across as cliches, the brooding boy, the broken girl, the man whore and the token gay friend. Josh's character should be the one who is disgruntled and angry, he can't change his circumstances, but allows himself to slowly heal. Nastya, although traumatic and horrific, is self destructive and buries herself within this facade. We see glimpses of the girl she once was, but it's frustrating and I couldn't connect to her character at all.

Another book that really needed an epilogue to feel complete.