Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) - Cassandra Clare http://divainpyjamas.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/clockwork-angel-by-cassandra-clare.html
Clockwork Angel lulled me into bouts of narcolepsy, often rereading the same paragraph over and over and still not being able to engage me. It felt as though it was Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series, rewritten in a historical sense and with slightly different characters. But the template was nearly identical, apart from The Infernal Devices series being far less entertaining.

Sadly, all of the main characters were wooden, underdeveloped with no memorable personalities. Where Clary was likable In The Mortal instruments, Tessa is annoying. There was really no competition between nice guy Jem and the arrogant, offensive Will. Jem is by far the more likable of the two. Cassandra Clare created a very vivid era, but it's clear that she assumes that readers have also read The Mortal Instruments, as she throws terms at the reader such as Parabi, Iratze and Seraph Blades, with little to no explanation of what they actually are.

I may be in the small minority, but it just wasn't my thing.